Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to keep a husky cool on the summer?

I am planning to get a husky sometime and was wonder how can I keep them cool during the summer? I do understand the responsibility and the amount of the exercise required. How could I keep them cool while I am not at home? Can I put ice cubes in there water? Can I put a kiddie pool on my patio and just leave them outside with water? Please and Thank you.|||same as any other dog


you leave in house with the air on





you never leave a dog outside without supervision


in this day and age they could be poisoned, shot, or stolen.





when supervised, yes kiddie pools work


shade works


fans work


same as you





also daily combing for dead hair works|||You can do the kiddie pool thing, but it becomes quite a hassle over time. 1) there will be dog hair in the pool constantly and you'll have to change the water pretty much every other day so your dog doesn't smell/isn't filthy. 2) you probably won't want to have to dry off your dog so much before it comes back into the house. 3) I've heard about a lot of huskies not liking water. Some do, some don't. You're husky might do better just playing in the kiddie pool every now and then just for fun rather than using it to just make it through the heat.





The best way to keep your husky cool during the summer is to shave it. You can take him/her to your vet or local groomer and they'll do the shave for a pretty decent price and it's totally worth it. Trust me, you don't want to shave a dog on your own with no experience - the first few turn out to be hack jobs!





So, I would suggest shaving your dog. It will help him/her greatly and you won't have to worry so much.





Hope I helped :)|||i have a friend with a husky and she bought a kiddy pool for him and she puts ice in it every morning over the summer. however i wouldn't just leave them outside because it will get WAY too hot for that unless there is shade. if your creative at all build them a dog house and put air conditioning in it!!!! :) (fan's facing outside will also work to get the hot air out of it)|||It depends on where you live. I knew someone who had huskies in Louisiana and all they had to do was put a kiddie pool out. You won't have to shave them because they shed enough.|||Shavem|||go to your local groomers and get a "puppy cut"

No comments:

Post a Comment