Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's a cool freshwater fish to put into a home aquarium?

I was originally going to get a salt water tank, but, thinking that it's too much work, I would rather get a freshwater tank/fish. However, I don't want to sacrifice the looks of the fish inside? Not meaning putting a saltwater fish in a freshwater tank, I mean I want my fish to look great. Any cool looking fish that are freshwater? They're no limitations.|||define a "cool looking" fish. if you want the color, i'm sorry, there's very few freshwater species that beat out saltwater in that aspect. saltwater fish almost seem neon-colored...an effect you don't really get in fresh.



i personally think things like glass catfish and german rams are cool looking, there are also things like fire eels and freshwater (really brackish water) morays. elephant fish and freshwater stingrays are also pretty cool. clown loaches have some of that amazing vibrant color you may be looking for. discus are hard, but they come in some beautiful hues. i've also got a soft spot for arrowanas, which you may want to skip due to their size.|||I would say that the african butterfly fish is unique, it is mostly black, not the nicest color but it has gold flakes through the black,............ Or if you want species only get a school of bucktooth tetras, they got silver body, 2 black dots and a neon green line through them, with orange fins, good looking and very active|||my favorite fish right now are roseline sharks aka redline torpedo barbs. just found out about them last week when i first saw it. they go for 20-30 at fish shops, but petsmart just started carrying them last week for 7 bucks each!! i had to get the last one they had because it was so nice. had to get another one that was 20 bucks though|||I personally think most tetras have wonderful colors when they're schooled together, such as cardinal, neons and rummy nose tetras and most others. Gouramis are also one of my favorites, their scales are dotted and shimmery and they do well with tetras|||I'd raise African Cichlids. Easy to raise, feed and great to watch. They provide lots of color, and are aggressive.|||go to a fish store and just browse. I personally like cichlids and tetras.|||i like clown loaches there awesome|||they have freshwater shrimp that are fun to watch and African dwarf frogs are too

No comments:

Post a Comment