Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are cool accessories for a contemporary bedroom that is black, white, and blue?

I have a contemporary bedroom that has black furniture, white bedding, and light blue walls. What are some cool accessories that I could use to complement those colors?|||Try some rattan accents- like a rattan wrapped vase, wicker baskets, something very textured and natural.


Also, I love that colour scheme- try going for some nice creamy white pottery, like vases, bowls, that sort of thing. If you had a bookshelf in the room covered in white pottery, or off white or baby blue, it would be a stunning looking collection. You could also put some baskets ont he shelves to keep things looking tidy- baskets are a secret weapon for hiding clutter.


Also, if you don't have cushions, get some! Feather filled ones are nicest, they don't really lose their shape- all you have to do is fluff them up. You can go online and find some cool patterns or designs, and print them onto iron on transfer paper. Then iron them onto some cushion covers, and you have custom made, gorgeous, totally YOU cushions. Or, you can go online and find some patterns/pictures and print them as stencils. Get a large canvas, and use the stencil to make some DIY artwork for your walls.


I also think a few darker colours like a rich chocolate brown would probably work well in the room. I myself am partial to buddah statues or busts- they work well with a very calm colour scheme, and what can I say- I just love that chubby buddah!!


Also, i go to wallpaper stores and check for end of roll deals on fancier wallpaper. Then, I cut it to a suitable size, and paste it to a wall (where artwork would usually go). Then I use moulding or trim for a hardware store to "frame" my wallpaper artwork. You could probably find a nice toile or even maybe some bamboo or seagrass wallpaper to work with.





good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment